- Barbara J. File, broker associate with Realty World Strachan/Gamber, received the National Association of Realtors "Short Sales and Foreclosures Resource" certification and the California Association of Realtors "Residential REO Buyer Specialist" certification.
- Tim Mehren of The Wordsmith has returned to the Fresno/Clovis area providing advertising, marketing and employee communications assistance to companies and organizations via the Internet. Mehren may be contacted at 903-5367 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Vernave Medrano of Roosevelt High School was the grand prize winner of the fourth annual Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship Central Valley Regional Business Plan Competition for Vernave's Pottery and received $500. Medrano will compete for $10,000 in October at the national competition. Brenda Garcia of Bullard High School won second place and $300 for her Tres Petite Apparel, a clothing company for petite women; and Ashlee Rocha of Fresno High School placed third and received $200 for her pluz-size clothing company for children and teens called Heart Me.
- Hi-Tech Home was a 2010 Home of the Year Award winner by Electronic House in the category Home Theaters $25,000-$50,000 for a home theater installation in Fresno.
- Bank of the Sierra awarded a $1,250 Sierra Grant to Adult Transition Program Booster's Club. The funds will be used to purchase equipment to help offer health and fitness opportunities to students in wheelchairs.
- Bill Millard of Guarantee Real Estate celebrated 30 years in residential real estate. Millard is a senior residential broker at the Maple/Herndon office.
- Alex Rodriguez, Chad Snapp, Lawrence Carlson and Tyler Blair joined the sales staff at Hedrick's Chevrolet in Clovis.
- Carlos Castro of J.I. Garcia Construction Inc. was promoted to corporate vice president. Castro has been with the company for 12 years and has participated on many levels with project and operations management.