Several students from Fresno and Tulare counties received awards in the 2010 California State Science Fair:
* Tristan J. Chester received $300 and a certificate for the junior division, Society of Petroleum Engineers Superior Technical Achievement Award.
* Dustin N. Rutherford received $250 for the junior division, Dr. Ibrahim El-Hefni Achievement in Science Award.
* Andrew C. Ng and Ania Kaila Osuna received honorable mentions for the Air Quality/Climate Change Award, and will be able to present their projects at the Air Quality Management District conference, "A World We Can Change."
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
* Jorie A. Moore, 10th grade, Sanger High, second place in pharmacology.
* John M. Perry, eighth grade, Kings River Union Elementary in Kingsburg, second place in toxicology.
* Casey M. Campos, eighth grade, Reyburn Intermediate in Clovis, third place in toxicology.
* Logan L. Davis-Wallace, 11th grade, Clovis High, third place in mammalian biology.
* Monica Bach Le, seventh grade, Sanger Academy Charter, third place in biological product science.
* Suchith R. Nareddy, 11th grade, Clovis West High, thirrd place in pharmacology.
* Mike M. Pilegard, eighth grade, Central Valley Home School in Kingsburg, third place in physical product science.
* Manreet K. Dosanjh, sixth grade, John S. Wash Elementary in Fresno, fifth place in behavioral and social sciences.
* Kevin R. Kaufmann, 11th grade, Clovis High, fifth place in microbiology.
* Karley J. Lassley, eighth grade, Quail Lake Elementary in Clovis, fifth place in toxicology.
* Madison P. Meredith, seventh grade, Burton Middle School in Porterville, fifth place in materials science.
* Tia A. Tang, eighth grade, Alta Sierra Intermediate in Clovis, fifth place in human biology.
* Hannah Washburn, eighth grade, Washington Academic Middle School in Sanger, fifth place in environmental engineering.
* Kasi P. Zoldoska, sixth grade, Quail Lake Elementary in Clovis, fifth place in zoology.
* Elyssa S. Lawrence, eighth grade, Bartlett Middle School in Porterville, fifth place in plant biology.