Several students from Fresno and Tulare counties received awards in the 2010 California State Science Fair:
* Tristan J. Chester received $300 and a certificate for the junior division, Society of Petroleum Engineers Superior Technical Achievement Award.
* Dustin N. Rutherford received $250 for the junior division, Dr. Ibrahim El-Hefni Achievement in Science Award.
* Andrew C. Ng and Ania Kaila Osuna received honorable mentions for the Air Quality/Climate Change Award, and will be able to present their projects at the Air Quality Management District conference, "A World We Can Change."
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Fresno Bee
* Jorie A. Moore, 10th grade, Sanger High, second place in pharmacology.
* John M. Perry, eighth grade, Kings River Union Elementary in Kingsburg, second place in toxicology.
* Casey M. Campos, eighth grade, Reyburn Intermediate in Clovis, third place in toxicology.
* Logan L. Davis-Wallace, 11th grade, Clovis High, third place in mammalian biology.
* Monica Bach Le, seventh grade, Sanger Academy Charter, third place in biological product science.
* Suchith R. Nareddy, 11th grade, Clovis West High, thirrd place in pharmacology.
* Mike M. Pilegard, eighth grade, Central Valley Home School in Kingsburg, third place in physical product science.
* Manreet K. Dosanjh, sixth grade, John S. Wash Elementary in Fresno, fifth place in behavioral and social sciences.
* Kevin R. Kaufmann, 11th grade, Clovis High, fifth place in microbiology.
* Karley J. Lassley, eighth grade, Quail Lake Elementary in Clovis, fifth place in toxicology.
* Madison P. Meredith, seventh grade, Burton Middle School in Porterville, fifth place in materials science.
* Tia A. Tang, eighth grade, Alta Sierra Intermediate in Clovis, fifth place in human biology.
* Hannah Washburn, eighth grade, Washington Academic Middle School in Sanger, fifth place in environmental engineering.
* Kasi P. Zoldoska, sixth grade, Quail Lake Elementary in Clovis, fifth place in zoology.
* Elyssa S. Lawrence, eighth grade, Bartlett Middle School in Porterville, fifth place in plant biology.