Local

Attic fire in Visalia causes $36,000 in damages

Faulty wiring that erupted in flames in the attic of a Visalia home caused nearly $36,000 in damages on Saturday morning.

Residents of the home at 1149 W. Wren St. called police immediately after smelling smoke inside the home around 11:20 a.m. Saturday. When firefighters arrived, they quickly extinguished the flames, saving nearly $105,000 in recovered property, but not before some extensive damage was done to the attic and a few household items inside.

  Comments