A Tulare man was named as a suspect in a May incident where police allege he forced his way in to a home and attempted to sexually assault a woman.
Tulare Police Department received a call one night in May from a woman. She said someone forced their way into her home, and when she confronted the man he attacked her and tried to sexually assault her. She fought to free herself and called 911, police said in a news release.
The suspect fled the scene before officers arrived. Detectives processed the scene and submitted a DNA sample.
Anthony Gaitan-Deporto, 22, of Tulare was named as a suspect on Monday. Police said the victim and Gaitan-Deporto had not previously met.
Gaitan-Deporto was previously booked into jail in July for a probation violation. New charges were added to his booking sheet for this case, including attempted rape by force, assault with the intent to commit rape, first-degree residential burglary and second-degree robbery.
He is scheduled to appear in court on Wednesday and remains in jail on $100,000 jail.
Anyone who has additional information on this case can contact Tulare Police Department 24 hours a day at 559-685-2300 ext. 4445.