Local

See that smoke plume? Cardboard catches fire in Clovis recycling facility

A recycling facility fire in Clovis sent a plume of smoke billowing into the sky Wednesday afternoon.

The fire at Clovis Recycling, 1059 E. Hoblitt Ave., occurred in an area where cardboard is recycled.

Clovis and Fresno County firefighters were sent to the fire at 1:48 p.m. Wednesday.

The fire in a wrapped-up pile of cardboard was quickly contained but continued to smolder, said Clovis Fire Chief John Binaski.

He said there was some damage to the exterior of a building. Binaski estimated damage to the building totaled about $25,000 to $30,000.

There were no injuries.

Marc Benjamin: 559-441-6166, @beebenjamin

  Comments