The Bee has created this database from public records of 2012 gross pay provided by cities and counties in the central San Joaquin Valley.
1. CHOOSE a local government or hold the shift key to select multiple agencies. Skip this step if you want to search all.
2. (optional) FILTER your search by entering all or part of a department name, job title or employee name. Warning: Some agencies didn't provide department names, and some agencies have not yet provided all names.
3. (optional) SORT your results by clicking on a column header.
- The Bee asked central San Joaquin Valley cities and counties for full-time employee gross pay in calendar 2012.
- A few cities and counties have withheld the names of some employees, citing potential privacy interests that outweigh the public interest in disclosure. These names are marked [Withheld by agency].
- In most cases pay figures include overtime, vacation payouts and vehicle or uniform allowances, but each agency tallies these figures differently.
- Some salary figures may be unduly low because worker was employed for only part of 2012.
You may search employee pay records at all state agencies, including the California State University system, at the Sacramento Bee's state pay database. The Contra Costa Times also maintains a database of Bay Area public employee pay.