A Visalia-based solar company has roared into the uppermost ranks of fast-growing businesses since it was founded just four years ago.
CalCom Solar was ranked third on Inc. magazine’s Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies. The 2016 list was released earlier this month. CalCom Solar’s ranking was based on three-year revenue growth rate of more than 31,600 percent – and no, that’s not a typo – from revenue of about $105,000 in 2012 to $33.5 million in 2015. The employee-owned company is forecasting revenue of more than $60 million in 2016, according to its Inc. profile.
Businesses in the Inc. 500, comprised of the top 500 companies on the Inc. 5000 list, receive mentions in the magazine’s September edition. Companies apply for the recognition by providing details about their operations and revenue growth. To be eligible, companies must have had at least $100,000 in revenue in 2012 and at least $2 million in revenue in 2015.
CalCom Solar, short for California Commercial Solar Inc., focuses on developing solar power projects to generate electricity for farms, dairies and related businesses across the Valley and across California. Because of the company’s growth, it moved earlier this year into a larger 6,500-square-foot office space on South Atwood Street in west-central Visalia – effectively tripling its available office space including a 36-seat conference and training room. CalCom has 54 full-time employees and up to 70 temporary employees.
The company reported earlier this year that it has led the development of more than 100 megawatts of solar power-production capacity for agricultural operations including farms, dairies, processing plants and water districts.
One megawatt of generating capacity is typically estimated to meet the electricity needs of about 500 homes.
Other Valley businesses scoring a ranking on the Inc. 5000 list are:
▪ No. 54: PGM Inc., a construction company in Fresno.
▪ No. 3,045: Pro-PT, a Visalia-based physical therapy company with offices in Visalia, Dinuba, Exeter, Lindsay and Porterville.
▪ No. 3,171: Integrated Prescription Management, a health technology company in Fresno.
▪ No. 4,060: PrideStaff, a Fresno-based human resources staffing firm.
▪ No. 4,090: BCT Consulting, an information-technology company in Fresno.
California Commercial Solar Inc. (CalCom Solar)
▪ Headquarters: Visalia
▪ Founded: 2012
▪ CEO: Dylan Dupre
▪ Revenue: $33.5 million in 2015
▪ Employees: 54 full-time, up to 70 temporary
▪ Website: www.calcomsolar.com