▪ Paul Bauer was selected for inclusion into The National Advocates organization’s employment law specialty. The honor is given to only a select group of lawyers as recognition of their superior skills and qualifications in the field. The selection is limited to only 100 attorneys per state or region who have demonstrated their extraordinary abilities with superior results, a high level of peer respect and client satisfaction.
▪ The National Latino Peace Officers Association-Fresno County announced its newly elected executive board members for 2015-17. They are: Ruben Diaz Sr., president; Armando Hindman, vice-president; Joe Ortiz, treasurer; Tina Hindman, secretary; and Israel Aguilar, parliamentarian.
▪ Borges USA-Star Fine Foods will donate $60,000 in 2015, regardless of sales, to Susan G. Komen®. Star will also be a sponsor for the 17th Annual Susan G. Komen Central Valley Race for the Cure®, to be held Oct. 24.
▪ Patrick Furlong joined KW Commercial Real Estate. He specializes in 1031 exchanges of farm, ranch and investment properties and brings more than 27 years of commercial real estate financing and sales experience to the firm.
▪ HealthCare California appointed Melissa Gotelli, account executive, and Maria Zayas, certified home health aide, to its staff.
▪ Jason Mihalcin joined Visalia Medical Clinic as an orthopedic surgeon. He completed his orthopedic surgical residency and internship at Memorial Hospital in York, Pa., and earned his doctor of osteopathic medicine at the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine.
▪ DeAnna Slater joined EPIC Insurance Brokers and Consultants as a principal and property and casualty insurance broker/producer in the firm’s Fresno office. She will be responsible for new business production, the development and management of risk management and insurance programs and client satisfaction and retention.
▪ Roxanne Hew was promoted to director of patient care services for HealthCare California.
▪ Matthew Mastro was promoted to managing partner for Mastro & Associates. He has more than 20 years of experience in public accountancy including extensive experience in tax compliance for all business structures and individuals. He is also currently in charge of the firm’s auditing and accounting department and will continue in this role.
Does your company have a new hire, promotion, personnel change or important achievement to announce?
The Bee welcomes submissions to this column. Items and submitted photos are used as space is available.