Ventura Broadcasting is adding more channels.
Last year, Ventura TV president Mark Shirin struck a deal with local TV mogul Gary Cocola to operate channels KVBC (Channels 13.1 to 13.10) and KBID (Channels 31.1 to 31.10). Shirin’s now added KVHF (Channels 4.1 to 4.10) to his growing TV empire.
The addition of new networks this month means that he is now offering 22 over-the-air channels of programming. The additions include:
• Rev’n TV (Channel 4.4): Features anything with an engine.
• DOD News (Channel 4.6): Department of Defense’s official military news channel.
• Movee4U (Channel 4.7): Mix of original and popular series, cooking shows and classic Westerns.
• Launch TV (Channel 13.5): Family entertainment network.
• Diya TV (Channel 31.4): South Asian TV network that targets second and third generation English speaking South Asians.
• An in-house Ventura Channel.
Along with the new channels, four current networks are changing channels:
• Tuff TV moves from KVBC (Channel 13.7) to KVHF (Channel 4.2).
• Jewelry TV goes from KBID (Channel 31.4) to KVHF (Channel 13.7).
• Untamed Sports shifts from KVBC (Channel 13.8) to KVHF (Channel 4.3).
• Biz TV/DOD News goes from KVBC (Channel 13.5) to KVHF (Channel 4.6).