It’s been an odd life cycle for Queen.
The classic rock band was huge before the death of singer/front man Freddie Mercury in 1991. Since then, the band had several revivals of popularity – starting with the back-seat singalong in “Wayne’s World” and continuing through to this year’s Oscar-winning biopic, “Bohemian Rhapsody.”
Playing off the recent popularity, producers of the Queen-inspired rock musical “We Will Rock You” announced a set of North American tour dates.
Fresno’s on the list.
The production stops at Warnors Theatre on Oct. 10, according to its website. Tickets are $49.50-$89.50 (or $190 for VIP seats) and will be available at 10 a.m. Friday. VIP and Livenation pre sales are happening now.
The play is not based on the real-life band, but weaves 24 of its biggest hits into a “futurist comedy” that follows a group of rock rebels known as the Bohemians against a global corporate power ruled by The Killer Queen.
“We Will Rock You” was written with music supervision from Queen members Brian May and Roger Taylor. It debuted in London’s West End in 2002 and has run for more than a decade. The show played in Las Vegas in 2004. It toured the U.S. in 2013.
Joshua Tehee: 559-441-6479, @joshuatehee
- Sept. 3-8 - Winnipeg, MB. - Centennial Concert Hall
- Sept. 11 - Moorhead, MN - Bluestem Center for the Arts Amphitheater
- Sept. 12-14 - Prior Lake, MN - Mystic Lake Casino
- Sept. 17 - Joliet, IL - Rialto Square Theatre
- Sept. 20 - Milwaukee, WI - Miller High Life Theater
- Sept. 24 - Casper, WY - Casper Events Center Sept. 26 - Missoula, MT - Adams Center
- Sept. 27 - Boise, ID - CenturyLink Arena Boise
- Sept. 28 - Spokane, WA - First Interstate Center for the Arts
- Sept. 30 - Everett, WA - Angel of the Winds Arena
- Oct. 1 - Federal Way, WA - Federal Way PAEC
- Oct. 2 - Salem, OR - Historic Elsinore Theatre
- Oct. 4-5 - Las Vegas, NV - The Orleans Hotel and Casino
- Oct. 6 - Bakersfield, CA - Fox Theater
- Oct. 8 - Stockton, CA - Bob Hope Theatre Oct. 9 - San Jose, CA - Center for the Performing Arts
- Oct. 10 - Fresno, CA - Warnors Center
- Oct. 11 - Los Angeles, CA - Microsoft Theater
- Oct. 12 - Indio, CA - Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
- Oct. 14 - Prescott Valley, AZ - Findlay Toyota Center
- Oct. 16 - Denver, CO - Temple Hoyne Buell Theatre
- Oct. 19 - Kansas City, MO - Arvest Bank Theatre at the Midland
- Oct. 20 - Enid, OK - Central National Bank Center
- Oct. 21 - Wichita Falls, TX - MPEC Memorial Auditorum
- Oct. 22 - Irving, TX - The Pavilion at Toyota Music Factory
- Oct. 24 - Cedar Park, TX - H-E-B Center at Cedar Park
- Oct. 25 - San Antonio, TX - Majestic Theatre
- Oct. 27 - Sugar Land, TX - Smart Financial Centre
- Oct. 29 - New Orleans, LA - Saenger Theatre
- Oct. 30 - Birmingham, AL - Alabama Theatre
- Nov. 2 - Wilmington, NC - Wilson Center
- Nov. 8 - Ocean City, MD - Ocean City Performing Arts Center
- Nov. 9. - Petersburg, VA - VSU Multipurpose Center
- Nov. 10 - Allentown, PA - PPL Center
- Nov. 14-17 - New York, NY - Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden
- Nov. 21 - Indianapolis, IN - Murat Theatre at Old National Centre
- Nov. 22-23 - Mt. Pleasant, MI - Soaring Eagle Casino
- Nov. 24 - Van Wert, OH - Niswonger Performing Arts Center
- Nov. 26 - Louisville, KY - Palace Theatre
- Nov. 27 - Cincinnati, OH - Taft Theatre
- Dec. 27 - Calgary, AB - Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium
- Dec. 30 - Edmonton, AB - Northern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium
- Feb. 7, 2020, - Toronto, ONT - Meridian Hall