A closer look at Fresno State defensive end Claudell Louis.
▪ Year: Senior
▪ Height/weight: 6-5/294
▪ Hometown: Boynton Beach, Florida
Never miss a local story.
▪ High school/junior college: Boynton Beach Community High/College of the Sequoias
▪ 2014 review: Finished with 10 tackles (four solo, 1.5 tackles for loss and 0.5 sacks in 14 games. … Made his first start against Rice in the Hawaii Bowl. … His first tackle came in the season-opener at USC.
▪ What they’re saying: “He’s really strong and (the game is) slowing down for him so he can play a little faster. He’s showing development and his improvement has always been up. Being a senior, we’re counting on him. I’d like to see him accelerate a little quicker, make bigger leaps, make big steps – and we need to see that the rest of the camp.” DL coach Pete Germano
▪ Louis on 2015 outlook: “In the spring I was still being hesitant, and now that I have the full playbook down, I’m playing fast, playing physical and I’m giving all out on the field. Just put it on film … every guy just buy into it. If they see me doing it, the younger guys … see me doing good, it’s contagious. They’re going to pick it up and still continue to do it also.”