Ex-Clovis High and Oregon standout Jenna Prandini has her first professional victory, capturing the 60 meters at the House of Track High Performance Meet in Portland, Oregon.
Prandini, who skipped her final year of collegiate eligibility to join Team Puma after an All-America career with the Ducks, was timed in 7.28 seconds Friday.
Octavious Freeman, who ran collegiately at Central Florida, then signed with Adidas in 2013, was second in 7.35. Brittney Reese, the long jump gold medalist at the 2012 London Olympics, was third in 7.52.
“It was good just to get back out on the track and get a couple races under me,” Prandini was quoted by The (Eugene, Oregon) Register-Guard. “It was a good rust buster, and I’m excited for the rest of the season.”
High Performance Meet
Friday at House of Track in Portland, Oregon
- 1, PRANDINI, Jenna, Puma 7.28
- 2, FREEMAN, Octavious, adidas 7.35
- 3, REESE, Brittney, Chula Vista OTC 7.52
- 4, PURVIS, Ashton, Unattached 7.56
- 5, BARBIAN, Danielle, Unattached 7.57
- 6, THOMAS, Kristina, Unattached 8.05
- 7, PATRICK, Laura, Western Oregon 8.23
- MONTT, Maria, Portland DNS