Alex Perez will not have to wait long for his first UFC fight.
The Lemoore native, who just earned a UFC contract last month, will fight on the UFC Fight Night card at the Save Mart Center on Dec. 9.
Perez (18-4-0) will face Carls John De Tomas (8-1-0) in a flyweight bout.
Four other bouts were announced. The main and co-main event will be announced soon.
Never miss a local story.
Lemoore’s Perez defeated Kevin Gray on Dana White’s Tuesday Night Contender Series at The Ultimate Fighter Gym in Las Vegas on Aug. 8.
Perez, 25, won with an anaconda choke in the first round to land a UFC contract.
He is no stranger to fighting in the central San Joaquin Valley, appearing often on cards at Tachi Palace Hotel & Casino – most recently in February when Perez defeated Andrew Natividad with a brabo choke in the first round.
Before earning a UFC contract, Perez fought at the Cage Fury Fighting Championships in San Diego in March and won by unanimous decision over Tyler Bialecki.
UFC Fight Night in Fresno
A look at the early card for the UFC Fight Night at Save Mart Center on Dec. 9.
- Flyweight: Alex Perez (18-4, 3 KO/TKO, 5 submissions) vs. Carls John De Tomas
- Middleweight: Antonio Braga Neto (9-2-0, 1 no contest) vs. Trevin Giles (10-0-0)
- Women’s flyweight bout: Alexis Davis (18-7-0) vs. Liz Carmouche (10-5-0)
- Middleweight: Eryk Anders (9-0-0) vs. John Phillips (21-6-0, 1 no contest) (of note: Phillips is making his UFC debut and is called “The White Mike Tyson”)
- Lightweight: Scott Holtzman (10-2-0) vs. Darrell Horcher (13-2-0)
(Main and co-main event will be announced soon)