Re: DEA is blowing more smoke over marijuana, Fresno Bee editorial Aug. 14.
We are like the frogs in the pot of water. Only we the frogs are turning up the heat on ourselves by passing Proposition 64 and making marijuana legal for recreational use. According to the National Institutes of Health, there are at least three problems with marijuana use:
▪ It may lower the users and the users child’s IQ.
▪ It may cause the user to become paranoid schizophrenic.
▪ It may cause a user to become amotivational (lose motivation to work, for example).
As a nation, we are committing slow suicide by the increased use of marijuana in the following ways:
▪ We are divided between the marijuana users and the non-users.
▪ The marijuana users are increasing, which means more people with lower IQs, paranoid schizophrenia and amotivational syndrome.
▪ As a nation, we will have less productivity and increased related medical and prison costs.
▪ It will contribute to our national bankruptcy.
If it was a foreign power, we would declare war. I agree with the Drug Enforcement Administration.
Roy J. Kendall, Visalia