On Jan. 16, my two grandsons and I went to Maya Cinema. Midway through the movie, my 9-year-old grandson started choking on a piece of candy. He could not breathe and I tried unsuccessfully to dislodge the candy. The three of us ran down the stairs when we were stopped by a wonderful lady who said she was a licensed vocational nurse.
She led us to the lobby and soon was able to remove the candy, get him calm and spent about 10 minutes talking to him, taking his pulse and making sure he was fine. Her kindness and care was amazing.
In a time when most of us are so cautious and skeptical of others, this wonderful woman became our hero in an instant. While I did not get her name and cannot thank her again personally, it is a lesson to us all that there are angels amongst us when we need them. We will be forever grateful.
Dennis Potts, Fresno