Election time is near.
. I want candidates to tell me what they will do and answer 10 fundamental questions. I would like all candidates to answer “yes or no” to the following questions:
If elected to office would the candidate support:
1. Amending the Constitution so corporations are not people and money is not speech?
Never miss a local story.
2. Banning military-style weapons, ammunition, and bump stock devices?
3. Making candidate/ticket campaign promises a verbal contract with voters?
4. Auditing the Pentagon and CIA budgets?
5. Universal single-payer health care and maintaining Social Security benefits?
6. Restoring the Glass-Steagall Act?
7. Restoring internet neutrality, the FCC equal time provision and protecting personal privacy?
8. Giving consumers business-like depreciation, expense right-offs and subsidies for solar power, and stop subsidies for carbon-based energy?
9. Restoring the Voting Rights Act?
10. Restoring Congress’s war making powers?
The Bee should publish a chart with each candidate’s “yes, no or refuse to answer” response at least one week before absentee ballots go out. Voters would benefit. Discussions should be relative to our governance and for what we want this country to stand.
Larry Mullen, Fresno