I am not and will never be (without winning the lotto) a Green V member. I represent the middle-income Bulldog fan.
I am a foundation donor for 30-plus years, was the president of Quarterback Club twice, hold red seats for football and two seats for basketball.
I held dinners at my home to raise money for the Bulldogs. My wife and I head three generations now of Bulldog tradition. I have missed three home football games in my 31 years of living here in Fresno. I hope I am qualified to say what has happened.
1. Past athletic director Thomas Boeh destroyed involvement and destroyed the supporting sport clubs.
Never miss a local story.
2. Past athletic directors after Gary Cunningham only cared about those who could afford major gift giving. The rest didn’t matter.
3. Most great fan traditions were stopped, such as the basketball “Human Tunnel.” Stop the excuses. I have heard them all. Traditions matter. Ask your family.
4. The marketing half-time gimmicks suck.
5. Tailgating rules for donors really are self-defeating, and I am tired of being treated like dirt from security.
6. Get past Title IX selling!
7. Better days coming? Hope so.
8. 200 Words? Sucks.