Built on the birthplace of Fresno, the Southern Pacific Railroad depot represents the city's transition from a dusty plains outpost to the West's leading agribusiness center. The 1889 depot is the city's oldest commercial building.
Today the building at 1713 Tulare St. houses offices and ACEL Fresno charter high school. It retains its original name, Fresno Station. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and on the Local Register of Historic Resources, and is one of two Queen Anne-style rail stations in California.
To learn more, visit the Historical Perspectives interactive series.