You made it! It’s Friday, Aug. 26, 2016, and I’m here with your helping of the Morning Scoop. (Subscribe here to receive the Scoop in your inbox because you need another way to waste time at work.)
What You Need to Know
▪ The couple police were seeking in connection with the death of a Fresno woman and the kidnapping of her children has been found.
▪ Because there isn’t enough to distract drivers, digital billboards are coming to Fresno highways.
Never miss a local story.
▪ There’s been a rash of convenience store robberies in Fresno lately, so be careful when you’re stopping in for your Red Bull and crunchy Gardetto’s snacks (mmm rye crisps).
▪ I’m living in a 600-square-foot apartment and this frog gets 1.8 million acres, but it’s cool. Whatevs. I’m not mad.
What You Want to Know
▪ If you’re a fan of traffic jams in nature, admission to national parks is free this weekend. (Happy Birthday, National Park Service!)
▪ I’ll be honest: sports isn’t my thing. But this seems like a big deal for Fresno State?
▪ Who’s a good dog? Tuxx is a good dog, that’s who.
▪ It’s true Ken looks better in a dress than Barbie does, but let’s be real: this cake doesn’t look remotely delicious. Can’t cakes just look like cake anymore?
What You Wish You Didn’t Know
▪ What’s the worst way to ride a subway? I’m sorry; “covered in bugs” is the answer we were looking for. Enjoy that weekend, party people!