Hey! It’s Thursday, Aug. 25, 2016, and I’m here with your helping of the Morning Scoop. (Subscribe here to receive the Scoop in your inbox every day or you’ll make my dog sad.)
What You Need to Know
• The drug company that got busted for jacking up the price of its life-saving allergy treatments is not backing down.
• A man who tried to sue Starbucks for using too much ice in its drinks is watching his dreams melt, melt, melt away.
Never miss a local story.
• The Marines are having a dickens of a time correctly identifying the soldiers in that iconic flag-raising photo.
• Police want you to keep an eye out for this couple, who is suspected of murdering a Fresno woman and kidnapping her three children.
• Politicians are continuing to air their beef with each other publicly, which is nice during these slow weeks before fall TV returns.
What You Want to Know
• Tickets to tour Prince’s Paisley Park will go on sale Friday. Start making coughing noises at work right now so you can stay home and devote your day to this.
• Josh Tehee checked out the Deftones in Fresno while you fell asleep on the couch with a bag of Cheetos on your chest, again.
• A historic house on Fresno’s Huntington Blvd is for sale and I just binge-watched two seasons of “Fixer Upper,” so I know exactly what to do with it. (Shiplap, French doors, giant clock face)
• Glorifying gangsters is not cool, but Clyde Barrow’s letter sign off is pretty great.
What You Wish You Didn’t Know
• A mural honoring the victims of the Charleston church shooting has been defaced because that’s just how human beings are now, apparently.
• And try to imagine, if you would, being in the ocean and stumbling across the clam that’s able to house a 75-pound pearl. So long.
Heather McLane: email@example.com, @heather_mclane