Hello. It’s Tuesday, Aug. 23, 2016, and I’m here with your helping of the Morning Scoop. (Subscribe here to receive the Scoop in your inbox every day or you’ll make my dog sad.)
What You Need to Know
• First day of school means we all have to change our driving routes at certain times of the day again.
Never miss a local story.
• The hot new currency in American prisons is probably not what you’d expect. But still makes sense kind of?
• If you had dreams about someday staying at the “Ahwahnee” hotel again, wake up. The dream is over. Or at least put on hold for now.
• This article wants us to be relieved about 99- to 101-degree temperatures, so... *shrug*.
What You Want to Know
• While everyone else was out catching Pokémon, an 8-year-old Fresno boy started his own baking business.
• Luke Skywalker wants a sick fan to see the upcoming “Star Wars” spin-off. (There are “Star Wars” spin-offs now? Why? Wait, don’t answer that.)
• Jalen the 8-year-old baker gets two Morning Scoop bullet points because that’s how amazing this kid is. Seriously, read the story.
What You Wish You Didn’t Know
• Traffic fatalities are on the rise, so be careful out there.
Heather McLane: email@example.com, @heather_mclane