Good morning! It’s Monday, August 22, 2016, and I’m here with your helping of the Morning Scoop. Make sure to subscribe here to receive the Scoop in your inbox every day.
What You Need to Know
• A Virginia couple is finding out what happens when you smugly leave hate and cowardice on your restaurant bill instead of the standard 20% tip.
• Wildfire is now closing California tourist attractions, which is taking things too far, wildfire.
Never miss a local story.
• Monday morning hangover: The Olympics are feeling it, too.
• A Fresno County Sheriff’s request for two ATV riders to put on some helmets got really dramatic really quickly.
• Some people are fighting over land that doesn’t belong to them.
• A San Diego man learned a lesson about lying down in front of someone’s car when they’re trying to leave.
What You Want to Know
• Fresno State is doing what it can to feed students who can’t afford food.
• Millennial men want equality when it comes to bringing home the soy, gluten-free bacon.
• Donald Munro takes better vacations than you and me.
What You Wish You Didn’t Know
• The ocean has had enough of being humankind’s dumpster and is starting to fight back.
• And finally, the love of Charlie Brown’s life has died. Go get that Monday, pals.
Heather McLane: firstname.lastname@example.org, @heather_mclane