Howdy, folks. It’s Friday, August 19, 2016, and I’m here with your helping of the Morning Scoop.
BTW, have you subscribed yet to receive the Scoop via newsletter? No? Get on that, man. It’s the only way to make sure you get this good shizz in your inbox every day.
What You Need to Know
• A scuffle caught on video between a Fresno teen and a police officer is under review.
Never miss a local story.
• Folks are really mad at Ryan Lochte. More like Lyin’ Lochte, amirite?
• Meanwhile, two of Lochte’s teammates have left Brazil and the third has agreed to make a donation (which doesn’t sound shady at all, nope) in order to have his passport returned to him.
• Scientists in southern California have found the cutest cephalopod ever.
• Crocs (the shoes) and escalators definitely don’t mix. Also probably crocs (the animal) and escalators, though that’s just a guess.
• What ya gonna do when Hulk Hogan has gotten the last laugh over you? If you’re Gawker, you go bankrupt, get sold to Univision and then get shut down, brother.
What You Want to Know
• In news that some people have been anticipating for over a decade, Dave & Buster’s has announced an opening date for its Fresno location.
• You can apply to be on a reality show offering wild and crazy contestants the trip of their lives, but there’s a catch.
• Flash-freezing ice cream is the latest gimmick to get us to eat something we all like already.
• Fresno has a multi-passenger, tiki-themed pedi-cab that allows drinking and now I know what to do with my weekends.
What You Wish You Didn’t Know
• Jared Leto is going to try and ruin “Blade Runner” for you.
• And finally, naked Donald Trump is Making America Gag Again. Have a great, great weekend despite this.