G’morning, all. It’s Thursday, Aug. 18, 2016. Guess what? Now you can get Morning Scoop sent to your in-box. Just click here.
What You Need to Know
• Something fishy may be going on with members of the U.S. swim team who say they were robbed in Rio.
• A father charged with child abuse after his toddler was found in a car among drugs and alcohol has given us a mugshot that is the very embodiment of the word “regret.”
Never miss a local story.
• The Republican and Democrat presidential candidates have started setting up their teams in Washington, so this is really happening.
• A former NFL No. 1 draft pick is putting up for sale his $2.1 million home in, um, Bakersfield.
• McDonald’s has quickly pulled step counters from its Happy Meals due to health and safety concerns. The food, however, gets to stay.
• People in Clovis are super obsessed with where people pee.
What You Want to Know
• Sam Hansen, the marketing genius who turns the Fresno Grizzlies into the Fresno Tacos every year for the Taco Truck Throwdown, continues to be the Most Creative Guy in Fresno™.
• Good news has arrived for those of you who wake up every morning sad you never got to see “Thelma and Louise” on the big screen.
• Even better news has arrived for those with $2,700 and a burning need to eat taco bowls probably with Donald Trump.
What You Wish You Didn’t Know
• I feel like having honey drip from your ceiling is worth the 100,000 bees living in the walls, but maybe you feel differently.
• And in case you’ve forgotten since you started reading this page, you can now get Morning Scoop sent right to your in-box. (How does this belong in the “What You Wish You Didn’t Know” category? It doesn’t, unless you hate me. Subscribe anyway.)
Heather McLane: email@example.com, @heather_mclane