Good morning! It’s Monday, August 15, 2016. Here’s your helping of the Morning Scoop.
What You Need to Know
• Former Clovis High superstar Jenna Prandini (GO COUGARS) has advanced to the semifinals in the women’s 200 in Rio, which is impressive because I got winded just typing this.
• There’s a teacher shortage in California and Fresno Unified is looking to fill some spots.
• Ashley Swearengin has landed a post-mayoral job. Spoiler alert: It’s not at Target, which actually seems like it could be a cool job, and I bet Mayor Swearengin already owns a red shirt.
• Ever wonder who gives fires their official names? Yeah, me, too.
• It’s going to continue to be hot this week, but you already know that because: summer.
What You Want to Know
• The Carr Bros – those football-playing dudes – are looking to build an empire in the Valley, and you know what? I bet they succeed.
• Donald Munro has been to the Azores, which will definitely be the next hot vacation spot if the rumors about its bread are true.
• A new bill could mean fewer trips to the pharmacy for women. If you’ve stood in line at a pharmacy lately, you know how exciting this is.
• Perhaps you think running a newspaper is easy. Well, here’s an opportunity for you to try it yourself, hotshot.
What You Wish You Didn’t Know
• There’s a medical explanation for how someone is able to forget a baby in a car, and apparently it could happen to almost anyone.
• And I’m calling it: The Russian Mosquito Festival is the dumbest festival in the world.