Howdy, folks. It’s Friday, August 12, 2016. You made it! Here’s your Morning Scoop.
What You Need to Know
• The instructor killed in a skydiving accident that also took the life of a Los Banos teen was uncertified.
• The third amusement park accident in a week has occurred and that’s, you know, too many.
Never miss a local story.
• California teen birth rates are lower than ever – except in the Valley. We’re super good at teen births here.
• Trump says he was being “sarcastic” about his latest controversial comments.
• The U.S. gymnastics team is killing it in Rio. Like, seriously.
What You Want to Know
• Am I crazy, or is Fresno’s Campus Pointe opening new food places all the time? I mean, I’m not complaining.
• The Oakland Raiders are having a moment. Not a U.S. gymnastics team moment, but they’re doing okay.
• A local Olympian reveals the joy and letdown of achieving that gold medal.
• If you legit hate changing your clocks twice a year, your luck may be about to change, my friend.
What You Wish You Didn’t Know
• Any time a couple separates, they are bound by the rules of ’90s television to bellow “WE WERE ON A BREAK.”
• And finally, driving with one foot while using both hands to navigate your phone is not okay. Otherwise, have a good weekend, you crazy animals.