Hi! It’s Friday, Aug. 5, 2016. Here’s your helping of the Morning Scoop.
What You Need to Know
• Drivers in Fresno were treated to low visibility and heavy traffic after a brush fire broke out along Highway 41 yesterday.
Never miss a local story.
• Stockton’s mayor has been arrested after apparently seeing too many summer camp movies from the 1980s.
• A relationship quarrel, a shooting, a car crash and a manhunt: Things got super dramatic in Madera County yesterday.
• A panel discussion was held in Fresno to address tensions between citizens and the police.
• A sneak preview has been released ahead of tonight’s Olympics Opening Ceremonies.
• Someone has finally punched George Zimmerman in the face.
What You Want to Know
• Cute, frolicking bears swam alongside visitors at Lake Tahoe yesterday and in a nice change of pace, both humans and animals all managed to keep their lives.
• Tickets for Garth Brooks + Trisha Yearwood go on sale today and have probably already sold out in the four seconds it took you to read this.
• If there’s a bigger fan of the movie “Heathers” than Donald Munro, I’m not sure I want to meet that person.
What You Wish You Didn’t Know
• “We are not screwing around, Philly.” Actual statement from a government official to residents of Philadelphia who are dumpster swimming.