It’s Friday, Oct. 13, 2017. Welcome to your Morning Scoop of fresh headlines and general good stuff. Sign up to get the Scoop in your email inbox.
• Fifty cats that were being hoarded in a Fresno house have been rescued. They need new homes.
• The death toll continues to rise as Northern California’s wine country continues to burn. Here’s the latest.
• With so much smoke in the air, your pets may be struggling. Here’s how to help them.
• It was an emotional afternoon at the Fresno City Council, where Councilman Oliver Baines and several residents tore into Councilman Garry Bredefeld’s Sept. 28 statement criticizing NFL players’ protests during the national anthem.
• Two South Valley couples who were at the Route 91 Harvest concert describe what happened to them when the bullets started to fly in Las Vegas.
• More than 120 fighting roosters were found at an illegal cockfighting operation in Kerman, authorities said. Four men were arrested.
Watch This Video
• Good, good, good vibrations last night at The Big Fresno Fair. Thanks for dropping by, Brian Wilson.
Good Stuff to Know
• Fresno Philharmonic conductor/music director Rei Hotoda makes her debut Sunday in a concert at Saroyan Theatre.
• Comedian Adam Devine (“Pitch Perfect,” “Workaholics”) was on a roll last night in a Fresno State homecoming show.
• Ronnie Rivers is a chip off the ol’ block. The second-generation Fresno State running back goes up against New Mexico on Saturday night.
• Would you take Flight 666 to HEL on Friday the 13th? (Slight hint: That’s the airport code for Helsinki, Finland.)