It’s Monday, Oct. 9, 2017. Welcome to your Morning Scoop of fresh headlines and general good stuff. Sign up to get the Scoop in your email inbox.
• Food vendors at county fairs revel in creating ever-higher levels of edible (?) insanity. Which is why you can get a Krispy Kreme chicken ice cream sandwich at the Fresno County Fairgrounds this week. More on that, along with other wacky choices.
• When does a person convicted of a sex crime get put on the lifetime list of offenders? It’s not as clear-cut as you may think.
• Wildfire has led to evacuations of hundreds of people in Sonoma County. Other big fires have broken out in Yuba and Sonoma counties.
• Was Vice President Pence’s early departure from the 49ers-Colts game purely a reaction to players’ protests or more of an expensive political stunt?
• The Trump administration released a list of hard-line immigration priorities Sunday that threaten to derail efforts to protect young immigrants under DACA.
• The allegations of sexual harassment against movie mogul Harvey Weinstein span three decades. His downfall took three days.
Watch This Video
• Any time is a good time to go swag surfin'.
Good Stuff to Know
• The Fresno area seems to love tiny houses. These folks in a neighborhood back East? Not so much.
• Fresno State is undefeated in the Mountain West Conference football after an easy victory in San Jose. But good grief, that second half. ...
• A Facebook ad by Dove that aimed to represent “women of color thoughtfully” vanished this weekend after it incurred an intense social media backlash.
• Take a look at the restored outdoor art along Fulton Street (formerly Fulton Mall). Beautiful.
• Jason Aldean visited a Las Vegas hospital a week after the mass shooting that began during his concert performance.