It’s Monday, Oct. 2, 2017. Welcome to your Morning Scoop of fresh headlines and general good stuff. Sign up to get the Scoop in your email inbox.
• An outdoor country music concert along the Las Vegas Strip became the scene of the worst mass shooting in modern U.S. history.
• Who is Stephen Paddock, the Las Vegas shooter who was found dead in a Mandalay Bay room?
Never miss a local story.
• Paddock’s family “dumbfounded, bewildered, horrified.”
• High school students in the Clovis Unified district were involved in sharing racially charged messages on social media, CUSD’s superintendent said Sunday.
Watch This Video
• Awww. This Fresno couple got married in the same Tower District cafe where they met.
Good Stuff to Know
• Quarterback Derek Carr, who left Sunday’s Raiders game with a back injury, is determined to not miss any time. “It’s going to take a lot for me not to be out there.”
• Speaking of football, Fresno State seems to have a pretty good quarterback now.
• Hustler magazine founder Larry Flynt has made it a point to attend grand openings of his company’s Hustler Hollywood boutiques. But in Fresno’s case ... nope.
• Fresno really, really wants you to use its FAX bus service. So much so that it’s cutting fares for rides on nights and weekends.
• Cow poop may be producing more greenhouse gas than we suspected (and we already have suspected a lot), a new study says.
• A sperm donor who hoped to meet two or three of his, um, creations met 19 ... at the same time.