It’s Tuesday, Sept. 26, 2017. Welcome to your Morning Scoop of fresh headlines and general good stuff. Sign up to get the Scoop in your email inbox.
• Equifax announced this morning it is dumping its CEO following a massive data breach affecting about 143 million Americans.
• The Cassidy-Graham bill – Republicans’ latest effort to replace Obamacare – likely suffered a fatal blow when a crucial third GOP member said she opposed it.
Never miss a local story.
• The Republican chairman of a House committee on government oversight has demanded details about the use of private emails for White House matters by some of President Trump’s closest advisers, including Jared Kushner, Steve Bannon and Reince Priebus.
• A Fresno County judge threw out a plea agreement for a robber who terrorized three Clovis children, saying a 14-year prison sentence wasn’t enough.
• The U.S. ramped up its response to the humanitarian crisis in Puerto Rico even as President Trump cited the island's struggles before Hurricane Maria struck.
Watch This Video
• Bulldog Stadium, wounded by a water main break over the weekend, won’t be fully healed by Saturday’s Fresno State football game.
Good Stuff to Know
• Some youngsters gaze upon the blossoming Fulton Street, with its open spaces and refurbished public art, and see a skateboard paradise. Grown-ups are not pleased.
• Because we never can have too many adorable creatures in our lives. Three huzzahs for #SeaOtterTweetOff
• A wildfire swept through the canyons of Corona and Anaheim, threatening homes and forcing about 1,000 to evacuate. Firefighters were able to keep damage to a minimum.
• Things got a bit hairy – and hazy – on an Allegiant Air flight at Fresno Yosemite International Airport.
• A note from our editorial board: “Dear Mrs. Kaepernick: We can’t imagine what it felt like to hear President Trump call you a ‘bitch’...”