It’s Friday, Sept. 1, 2017. Welcome to your Morning Scoop of fresh headlines and general good stuff. Sign up to get the Scoop in your email inbox.
• A recovery operation is scheduled to begin this morning at the Kings River, where the bodies of two people are trapped in a car that crashed into the river more than a month ago.
Never miss a local story.
• Retail marijuana dispensaries and other businesses related to recreational use of weed will be barred from Fresno, thanks to a City Council vote Thursday.
• It was a dramatic and tearful result to the highly watched lawsuit in which a nurse said Kaiser Permanente Fresno fired her for being outspoken about the quality of patient care.
Watch This Video
• A Georgia police lieutenant faces termination after this video from a traffic stop in July came to light. But the lieutenant says he plans to retire.
Good Stuff to Know
• Looking for fun stuff to do? We have a list. (Hint: Includes Patrick Contreras.)
• Here’s Josh Tehee’s take on Chris Stapleton’s “better late than never” concert at Save Mart Center last night.
• Well, imagine that. The oldest known pair of Levi’s jeans designed for a woman was found in a Fresno linen closet.
• She was L’Oréal’s first transgender model. Then the beauty-products company fired her over this “racist” rant.
• Some desperate parents camped out on a sidewalk in New York City in the hope of snagging some daycare slots for their kids.