It’s Wednesday, July 5, 2017. Welcome to your Morning Scoop of intriguing tales, fresh news and things that make you go “hmm.” Sign up to get the Scoop in your email inbox.
• Here’s why California was among more than 40 states that limited or outright denied the Trump administration access to voter data.
Never miss a local story.
• Bill McEwen’s wonderful farewell to Papa Mike McGarvin, who showed us how to live it right and live it big.
• When she was 16, this Hanford woman made friends with younger girls and then pimped them out for sex.
• Fresno firefighters capped their long night with a two-alarm apartment blaze this morning.
Watch This Video
• Who in their right mind would do this for a living? The guy sounds sane, though.
Good Stuff to Know
• Something to ponder: Would you snort chocolate? Yes, it’s a do-able thing.
• Should gender be a required entry on a birth certificate? This parent says “no.” Here’s why.
• Jump on this while you can: the Eat Figs not Pigs blogger is holding a pop-up dinner in Fresno this month.
• Trey Parker riffs on Donald Trump, children’s movies and the future of “South Park.” We edited out all of his naughty words.
• More fireworks news: A man used them to flush bees from his garage. The bees are now gone. As is the garage.