It’s Friday, June 16, 2017. Welcome to your Morning Scoop of intriguing tales, fresh news and things that make you go “hmm.” Sign up to get the Scoop in your email inbox.
• Hot is coming. A long stretch of triple-digit weather – blazing even by mid-June standards here. Don’t be laissez faire about it. Get ready.
• Here’s a story about drag queens reading books to children in Fresno. RuPaul says “check it out.”
• A physician at Community Regional Medical Center has a hit podcast on her hands. And her stars are patients in Community’s emergency room. Get us a download, STAT!
• It’s stunning that this clash between two Huron classmates ended in fatal gunfire involves boys who are barely teenagers – ages 13 and 14.
• The more adventurous among us love to explore the highest reaches of the Sierra. But the horror stories coming from the Pacific Crest Trail lately have a common theme: Too dangerous. Stay away.
Watch This Video
• Your basic emotional gut-punch, from last night in D.C.
Good Stuff to Know
• Joshua Tehee, our Hip Dude-About-Town, has nifty suggestions of what fun there is to be had in the week to come.
• And Rory Appleton, our Millennial With A Cause, does Josh one better a list of 35 things to do around here this summer. "In Fresno, you're only bored if you're boring," Rory says. Challenge accepted.
• These laundry products look convenient, but for people who don’t know better they also appear edible, and that’s a huge health hazard.
• After losing in the NBA Finals, LeBron James acknowledges defeat – to his receding hairline. Buzzzz ...
• How much “California Love” will there be for the Tupac biopic that debuts this week?
• We shouldn’t laugh, but when you hear someone had their jaw broken by an avocado ... sorry. Can’t be helped.