Good morning! It’s Monday, June 5, 2017 and here’s your Morning Scoop of news and other stuff. Subscribe to add the Scoop to your email inbox.
Word for Word
“It shouldn’t just be my baby, it shouldn’t be anyone’s baby that’s bleeding in these streets.”– Aaron Foster, father of Kayla Foster, who as shot to death on a Fresno street. Aaron, at a vigil for his daughter, joined a plea to end gun violence in our community.
What You Need to Know
Never miss a local story.
• Check out Marc Benjamin’s story about tiny houses (400 square feet or less) in Old Town Clovis – assuming you don’t get claustrophobia just looking at these things.
• Comedian Bill Cosby’s trial on charges of sexual assault starts this morning in Pennsylvania. Here’s the latest.
• Fresno gets a shout-out from National Spelling Bee champion Ananya Vijay. No, thank you, Ananya. What an inspiration.
• Imagine scaling a 3,000-foot granite wall with no ropes or safety gear. Crazy enough, right? Now imagine doing it in less than four hours.
• The saucy details of the story from Pablo Lopez about a Fresno restaurateur suing his former partner remains the zaniest tale of the past few days.
What You Want to Know
• Why are there all these summer jobs and teenagers aren’t applying for them?
• If you haven’t, please take some time to watch some or all of Ariana Grande’s #OneLoveManchester concert.
• A man casually mowed his lawn while a tornado roared nearby. “I was keeping an eye on it,” says the guy, who isn’t named Chuck Norris but should be.
What You Don’t Want to Know
• All of you “Game of Thrones” fans hoping for good news about when the final season will start, read this. Just hide anything breakable first.