Woo hoo! It’s Friday, April 14, 2017 and here’s your Morning Scoop of news and other stuff. Subscribe to add the Scoop to your email inbox.
Word for Word
“It’s not like a public school with people coming in and out all the time. There are many more opportunities for teachers to do this.” – lawyer Paul Mones, talking about private schools after reports of sexual abuse at the elite Choate Rosemary Hall.
What You Need to Know
Never miss a local story.
• Another Dutch Bros. opens today. This one is next to a doughnut shop. So ... See you there.
• It rained yesterday, but, like, only at the airport. Because flying has been fun for everyone this week.
• Fresno City Council says you can water your lawns three days a week this summer. Until the next drought, at least.
What You Want to Know
• Houston (and plenty of other cities) has a ban on feeding homeless people. One man is suing to change that.
• As week one of the Fresno State Trump-tweet scandal ends, the university cancels the lecturer’s classes.
Scoop Your Weekend (and Beyond)
• Remember MTV’s Spring Break parties? You’ll fit right in at Strummer’s tonight.
• Let us go all BANDGEEEK! on you, with this definitive (or close to, anyway) area concerts list for the week.
• Film critic Rick Bentley has the three movies you should see this weekend.