Hey, all! It’s Wednesday, March 22, 2017 and here’s your Morning Scoop of news and other stuff. Subscribe to add the Scoop to your email inbox. It’s easy.
“This leisurely paced, extravagantly self-indulgent production can feel like a stream-of-consciousness vaudeville act. But he pulls it off.”– Bee reviewer Donald Munro on Alton Brown’s “Eat Your Science” show in Fresno.
What You Need to Know
Never miss a local story.
• New this morning: Paul Manafort, Donald Trump’s former campaign chairman, worked secretly for a Russian billionaire to advance the interests of Vladimir Putin.
• RIP and a big gooooonnnnnng to Chuck Barris, who exits the stage at age 87.
• Watch as people from nations on President Trump’s travel ban take the oath of U.S. citizenship in Fresno.
• Welcome back, AJ Nevills, the former Clovis High wrestling star who has left Penn State to join Fresno State’s reborn program.
What You Want to Know
• Tacos vs. bacon: The Fresno Grizzlies and a Pennsylvania baseball team called the IronPigs have started a food fight.
• Movie critic Rick Bentley saw “Power Rangers” and ... well ...
• The comfort they deserve: a boy with a rare skin disorder meets a dog with the same condition.
• Trading up? The media exec suspected of stealing Tom Brady’s jersey reportedly asked how much Von Miller’s Super Bowl helmet was worth.
• Labradors top the Best Purebred Dogs list ... again. And at No. 8: Rottweilers. Really?
What You Don’t Want to Know
• Paging Samuel L. Jackson! A slumbering snake is found on an Alaska flight.
• Ah, young love. I mean, really, truly young love. Romeo and Juliet in diapers.