Woo! It’s Friday, March 3, 2017 and here’s your Morning Scoop of news and other stuff. Subscribe to add the Scoop to your email inbox. It’s easy.
What You Need to Know
• Assault with a cocktail glass or self-defense? Either way, it’s an ugly case. We’ll let a Fresno jury sort it out.
• Garry Bredefeld, a Fresno City Councilman, says legalized recreational marijuana is a bad thing, and lays out reasons why the city should ban pot dispensaries. Ah. Time for a fact check.
Never miss a local story.
• Did someone suggest sportsing at downtown Fresno’s Eaton Plaza. Instead of, you know, more grass and trees? Hmm.
• Let's talk private, unsecured email used for government business. No no, not hers. His. Hi, Mr. Vice President.
• The labrinthine tale that's Trump World and the Russians is in full Sessions. Here's the latest from the current act, featuring the embattled attorney general.
• The Valley’s annual high school basketball marathon – the Central Section championships at Selland Arena – is upon us. Here’s Andy Boogaard’s guide on what to see.
• Meanwhile, in high school wrestling, Clovis High’s Justin Mejia goes for a fourth title (yep, that’s as many as one can get) at the state championships in Bakersfield.
What You Want to Know
• Don't think of a baboon playing a ukelele, Nintendo urged video gamers. And please please don't lick the cartridges of the new Switch console. Are we really surprised by how this turned out?
• The odds of marijuana clogging the toilet are directly proportional to how desperate you are to flush away the evidence.
• Thanks to a leading member of Hollywood's Elite (hint: "WILSON!"), the White House press corp has a new espresso maker.
Scoop Your Weekend (and Beyond)
• Blake Shelton, he of “The Voice” judgeship and bro-country style, rocks Save Mart Center tonight.
• Look! Look! It’s “The Cat in the Hat.”
• And, of course, the Rogue Festival.