Hey, all! It’s Wednesday, Feb. 15, 2017 and here’s the Morning Scoop, your quick peruse of the news. Subscribe to get the Scoop in your inbox.
“Hopefully some of those names are the same so we don’t have to interview seven people, and then the board will make the decision.” – Brooke Ashjian, Fresno Unified School District board president, on hiring a replacement for ousted superintendent Michael Hanson.
What You Need to Know
• Twenty One Pilots: One of the hottest bands on the planet put on, by all accounts, a heck of a show last night at Save Mart Center.
• Good dog, Joel: A Fresno St. Bernard is hauling home Westminster hardware.
• Oroville update: With things generally calmed down and the evacuation order lifted, operators of the Oroville Dam say it’s ready for the wave of storms starting tonight.
• Weather update: Speaking of storms, here’s how it’s expected to go down in the Valley.
• Contacts with Russians: Members of Donald Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign and other Trump associates had repeated contacts with Russian intelligence officials in the year before the election, the New York Times reported.
• World Ag Expo: One day in at the 50th annual Tulare farmer-fest and what do we know? 1) Cows can have their own fitness trackers and 2) makers of high-tech grow lights are fully aware that pot is a big growth market.
What You Want to Know
• Well, well, Trelio: Clovis upscale restaurant Trelio is sporting a new look, a new menu and lower prices.
• Got a bicycle? Gas prices are rising in the Fresno area, to an average of $2.80 a gallon. Here’s why.
• Big Bears in baseball: Another high school baseball season is upon us and, hey, Buchanan is No. 1 in the state again. Play ball!
What You Wish You Didn’t Know
• Bad-guy priorities: Two men suspected in a nine-store, 18-hour robbery spree took a break to pick up a girlfriend at work, Fresno police said.