Hello there! It’s Friday, Dec. 23, 2016 and I’m here with your helping of the Morning Scoop. Subscribe here to get the Scoop in your inbox because you want to be informed but not too informed.
What You Need to Know
• A Libyan plane has been hijacked; of 118 people on board, 109 have been allowed to leave the plane.
• Police in Italy have shot and killed the man suspected of killing 12 people in Berlin with a truck.
• Trump thinks America needs more nuclear weapons because of course he does.
• This story about a lost toddler being protected by a pack of dogs is giving off “Jungle Book” vibes.
• The holiday season can actually feel pretty crappy for some people, so here are some ways to help yourself and others who are in pain.
• Baby, it’s cold outside, so put some records on while I pour.
What You Want to Know
• Free tacos and blankets were handed out to the homeless in downtown Fresno last night, and I can’t believe what an amazing idea this is.
• The Van Ness house that originated Christmas Tree Lane (through tragedy, unfortunately) will finally be renovated.
• The Ghost Ship fire in Oakland is having an effect on the underground art scene, even here in the Valley.
What You Wish You Didn’t Know
• Santa has been arrested for stealing mail. How else would he know if you’ve been naughty or nice?
• And finally, a woman has been granted permission to keep her clothes-wearing, 6-foot-long alligator named Rambo at home with her because it’s Chinatown, Jake. Just kidding. It’s Florida. Of course it’s Florida.
To those who celebrate, have a Happy Hanukkah or a Merry Christmas, and to those who don’t, enjoy your weekend!
Heather McLane: firstname.lastname@example.org, @heather_mclane