Hi there. It’s Wednesday, Oct. 5, 2016, and I’m here with your helping of the Morning Scoop. (Subscribe here to get the Scoop in your inbox because sure.)
What You Need to Know
• The only useful thing to come out of last night’s vice president debate was #thatMexicanthing.
• If it seems like there’s been a lot of stories lately about local school employees taking advantage of their students, there has been.
• A new police substation has opened in Fresno’s Manchester Center and you can’t tell me it’s not because a Chipotle will soon open there as well.
• San Francisco’s Embarcadero District has been named an endangered site by The National Trust, so go hang out there while you can.
• I’m already looking ahead to next year when we’re all going to be like, “Ugh, remember when clowns were a thing?”
What You Want to Know
• All eight Harry Potter movies are coming to Fresno’s Edwards movie theater for one week only. THIS IS NOT A DRILL.
• Here’s an amazing story: a 113-year-old man finally got to celebrate his Bar Mitzvah after missing it because of World War I.
• The Fresno State marching band will perform during Sunday’s Oakland Raiders game, which I will be watching because someone promised me snacks.
• Thanks to Netflix and its promotion of “Gilmore Girls,” you can get free coffee this morning at Fresno’s Yellow Mug, but you better hurry.
What You Wish You Didn’t Know
• And finally, when hospitals are all, “Hey, want to hold your newborn baby? That’ll be $40, please.”
Have a nice Wednesday. For what it’s worth, I would totally live in Stars Hollow if Lorelai and Rory moved away. Yeah, I said it.
Heather McLane: email@example.com, @heather_mclane