Hi. It’s Friday, Sept. 23, 2016, and I’m here with your helping of the Morning Scoop. (Subscribe here to get the Scoop in your inbox because I need a reason to wake up this early.)
What You Need to Know
• The Tulsa police officer who killed Terence Crutcher has been charged with first-degree manslaughter.
• Initial plans for a public market in downtown Fresno were announced yesterday, and it sounds pretty cool, actually.
Never miss a local story.
• A child in California has been diagnosed with leprosy, which is like, “How, even?”
• California voters are pretty okay with legalizing pot (and your aunt in Michigan just rolled her eyes and said, “Well, of course they are. Hippies.”)
• You’re going to want to change that Yahoo password.
• And keep those blinds closed while you’re getting ready in the morning.
What You Want to Know
• The Community Food Bank raised enough funds last week to be able to provide a lot of food for local families.
• Good luck to anyone who has to go anywhere near the Save Mart Center this weekend. I mean that.
• Looks like people in Clovis are going to have to go elsewhere to view lukewarm chicken through a sneeze guard.
What You Wish You Didn’t Know
• All of these scary clown sightings – this is just attempted viral marketing for the remake of “It,” right? Right?
• And finally, Al Capone was a syphilis-having, banjo-playing, loving father.
Have a great weekend, everyone. You especially, Garth. Treat Fresno well.
Heather McLane: firstname.lastname@example.org, @heather_mclane