Hi. It’s Wednesday, Sept. 7, 2016, and I’m here with your helping of the Morning Scoop. (Subscribe here to get the Scoop in your inbox because reading is fundamental.)
What You Need to Know
• Darren Seals, a well-known Ferguson activist, was found shot to death in a burning car.
• A Fresno man went for a bike ride and ended up with bullet wounds.
Never miss a local story.
• Isabelle Dinoire, the woman who received the first partial face transplant, has died.
• The FBI is renewing the search for a Cal Poly student who disappeared 20 years ago.
• A couple of guys in suits gathered together a crowd to watch them snipe at each other because it’s election season here in Fresno, too.
What You Want to Know
• A North Fork tribe got the thumbs up from a judge to build a casino along Highway 99, and will get a thumbs up from me if the casino includes electronic roulette.
• If you’re into tacos, Triple A baseball’s only team named after the delicious meat envelopes has a hat for you.
• Eight new restaurants are opening in this area and only two are closing so finally the math is on our side.
• Inmate-trained “wild” horses are up for adoption and I’m so confused. Are they trained or are they wild? I may never know.
What You Wish You Didn’t Know
• Sometime today, social media will be taken over by Apple diehards angrily debating screen size and headphone jacks, so look forward to that.
• And finally, have you always wanted to see what a hand infected by flesh-eating bacteria looks like? Me neither, but this photo is all over the Bee website, so we’re in this together now.
Have a great Wednesday and be excellent to each other, you Wyld Stallyns.
Heather McLane: email@example.com, @heather_mclane