The New Joy Church occupies the building at 1649 N. Blackstone Ave. in Fresno.
The New Joy Church occupies the building at 1649 N. Blackstone Ave. in Fresno. CRAIG KOHLRUSS ckohlruss@fresnobee.com
The New Joy Church occupies the building at 1649 N. Blackstone Ave. in Fresno. CRAIG KOHLRUSS ckohlruss@fresnobee.com

Blackstone Ave. building in Fresno once housed Thrifty Green Stamp

July 23, 2016 03:00 PM

UPDATED July 23, 2016 04:23 PM

More Videos

  • Fresno church celebrates its 100-year history

    Designed by architect Robert Hotchkin, the massive Neoclassical structure at 1615 N St. in Fresno was built in 1916 as the First Church of Christ Scientist. It is now home to the Power House Institutional Church of God, which is finishing renovations and repairs following an arson about two years ago. Plans are underway to celebrate the historic building's 100th anniversary.