The Feb. 24, 1966 Fresno Bee shows the Queen of the Valley Academy high school building at 255 W. Bullard Ave. in Fresno. The school opened as a girls Catholic high school in fall 1965, with classes held at St. Anthony’s Elementary School until the high school building was completed.
The Feb. 24, 1966 Fresno Bee shows the Queen of the Valley Academy high school building at 255 W. Bullard Ave. in Fresno. The school opened as a girls Catholic high school in fall 1965, with classes held at St. Anthony’s Elementary School until the high school building was completed. Fresno Bee archive
The Feb. 24, 1966 Fresno Bee shows the Queen of the Valley Academy high school building at 255 W. Bullard Ave. in Fresno. The school opened as a girls Catholic high school in fall 1965, with classes held at St. Anthony’s Elementary School until the high school building was completed. Fresno Bee archive

Low enrollment closed Catholic girls’ high school in Fresno

June 11, 2016 02:00 PM

UPDATED June 23, 2016 07:31 PM

More Videos

  • Fresno church celebrates its 100-year history

    Designed by architect Robert Hotchkin, the massive Neoclassical structure at 1615 N St. in Fresno was built in 1916 as the First Church of Christ Scientist. It is now home to the Power House Institutional Church of God, which is finishing renovations and repairs following an arson about two years ago. Plans are underway to celebrate the historic building's 100th anniversary.