Cedar Lanes bowling alley was one of the largest in the state when it opened at Cedar and Shields avenues in 1959. The bowling alley was torn down in 2012.
Cedar Lanes bowling alley was one of the largest in the state when it opened at Cedar and Shields avenues in 1959. The bowling alley was torn down in 2012. CRAIG KOHLRUSS Fresno Bee File Photo
Cedar Lanes bowling alley was one of the largest in the state when it opened at Cedar and Shields avenues in 1959. The bowling alley was torn down in 2012. CRAIG KOHLRUSS Fresno Bee File Photo

Now gone, Cedar Lanes was bowlers’ haven for 54 years

November 13, 2017 08:00 AM

UPDATED November 13, 2017 08:00 AM

More Videos

  • Fresno church celebrates its 100-year history

    Designed by architect Robert Hotchkin, the massive Neoclassical structure at 1615 N St. in Fresno was built in 1916 as the First Church of Christ Scientist. It is now home to the Power House Institutional Church of God, which is finishing renovations and repairs following an arson about two years ago. Plans are underway to celebrate the historic building's 100th anniversary.