More than 20 graduation ceremonies and an annual bicycle race will snarl traffic near Fresno State on Friday and Saturday, university officials warned.
The ceremonies will take place all day Friday and Saturday. Fresno State Traffic Operations cautioned that Friday will be especially busy to due the various graduation events being held across the campus.
Drivers should anticipate congestion on the east end of the campus along Woodrow Avenue near the Save Mart Center.
Construction crews will also have parts of Barstow Avenue near Woodrow closed for electrical work.
Never miss a local story.
Some of the smaller ceremonies require tickets.
Those attending an event at the Save Mart Center or the adjacent Student Recreation Center are asked to park in the Bulldog Lot at the northeast corner of Shaw and Chestnut avenues. More parking is available in the public lots on the north side of the Save Mart Center.
All Fresno lots are available to park in free of charge during the main commencement ceremony on Saturday.
Those going to ceremonies at the Satellite Student Union should park in lot P-17 east of the Agricultural Education Building on San Ramon Avenue off of Maple Avenue.
The California Classic Century Ride will close Highway 168 from McKinley Avenue to Shepherd Avenue from 6:30 to 10:30 a.m. Saturday. Around 1,500 riders are expected to race across the freeway during this time.
Around 5,100 students will receive their degrees.
Fresno State’s main university commencement ceremony will open for seating at 8 a.m. and start at 9:30 a.m. Saturday at the Save Mart Center. No tickets or reservations are required for this event.
Guest seating is organized by what school their graduate attended. A full map is available on Fresno State’s website.
All graduates must arrive by 8 a.m.
For more information, call Melissa Ginotti or Josh Edrington at (559) 278-2741.
Fresno State May 15 graduation ceremonies:
▪ Craig School of Business: 8 a.m. at the Save Mart Center
▪ Lyles College of Engineering: 9 a.m. at the Student Recreation Center
▪ College of Social Sciences: 11 a.m. at the Save Mart Center
▪ College of Arts and Humanities: 12 p.m. at the Student Recreation Center
▪ Jordan College of Agricultural Sciences and Technology: 1:30 p.m. at the Save Mart Center
▪ College of Science and Mathematics: 4 p.m. at the Save Mart Center
▪ Kremen School of Education and Human Development: 7 p.m. at the Save Mart Center