Sixteen teams from 11 Valley middle schools will compete in the annual Regional Middle School Science Bowl Competition on Saturday at Fresno State for the chance to advance to a national competition in Washington, D.C.
The competition, hosted by the local chapter of the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, will be held from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. in Fresno State’s Kremen School of Education and Human Development off Maple and Shaw avenues.
The winner of the competition will receive an all-expenses paid trip to the National Science Bowl. The participating schools are:
• El Monte Middle School in Orosi
Never miss a local story.
• Firebaugh Middle School
• Edison Computech, Valley Preparatory Academy Charter School and Sequoia Middle School in Fresno
• Granite Ridge Intermediate in Clovis
• Jack G. Desmond Middle School and Martin Luther King Jr. Middle School in Madera
• John Sutter Middle School in Fowler
• Kerman Middle School
• Quail Lake Charter School in Sanger