Investigation of a human trafficking operation in Visalia resulted in nine arrests on Jan. 22, including a 17-year boy acting as the pimp, the Visalia Police Department said.
Officers conducted “in-call” and “out-call” operations in hotels and other areas known to be frequented by prostitutes, sex-traffickers and their customers, police said.
The police department’s Special Enforcement Unit, Fresno FBI and the Department of Justice conducted the operation aimed at combating human trafficking.
During the operation, nine people were arrested:
Never miss a local story.
- Meilan Wei, 43, of the People’s Republic of China
- Vanessa Vasquez, 37, of San Francisco
- Katrina Henderson, 36, of Fresno
- Deloise Ford, 22, of Selma and Fresno
- Dominque Steele, 24, of Visalia
- Scnail McGrue, 21, of Fresno
- Madison Martens, 18, of Fresno
- Brittany Farris, 28, of Corcoran
- A 17-year-old boy of Fresno
Through partnerships with local, state and federal authorities, more investigative details will be conducted in an effort to eradicate human trafficking and prostitution in Visalia, police said.