About 25 people were evacuated Saturday afternoon from a senior-citizens home after a fire broke out in one of the units, the Clovis Fire Department reported.
No one was seriously hurt in the 3:30 p.m. fire at the Hotchkiss Terrace, a three-story building at Minnewawa and Barstow avenues.
One resident was treated at the home for minor smoke inhalation, fire spokesman Chad Fitzgerald said.
A sprinkler over a stove kept the fire contained to one apartment, Fitzgerald said. Damage to the apartment and contents was estimated at $35,000.
Never miss a local story.
"The property management did a good job of getting everyone out safely," Fitzgerald said.